Return and Refund Policy
Delivery may be delayed due to acts beyond our reasonable control, which may include, but are not limited to, weather, strikes, power outages, shutdowns, province or governmental actions, and other similar acts.
Definition: ‘Return’ is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased by the customer to the Doctor For Animals on the website.
Under the Following Situations Return and Refund is applicable.
- The product was damaged in transit
- The product was defective
- Product(s) was / were missing
- Wrong Product was received
Return could also result in refund of money in some of the cases. We encourage the customers to review the listing before making the purchase decision. In case the customer orders a wrong item, Doctor For Animals shall not be entitled to refund any amount.
The following RULES apply to this Policy:
- Certain consumable items will not be returned or refunded, this is in situations where the seal of the product is found open. The list of such items includes food, grooming products, supplements, dog apparel, beds, car seat covers etc.
- Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
- In case of damage or any missing product the customer needs to raise the request within 24 hours from the time of delivery. Once the customer has raised the request, he/she needs to provide a visual proof (an image) of the damaged product to Doctor For Animals within 24-48 hours from the time of delivery.
- All items to be returned must be unused and in their original condition with all original tags and packaging intact and should not be broken or tampered with.
- In the process Doctor For Animals accepts the return request raised by the customer, the customer will have to return the product and then the refund shall be credited to the customer’s bank account.
- Refund will only be processed after a quality check of the product and verification of the issue with the product by experts of Doctor For Animals
- The refund process will be initiated once the validation of the damaged product images is done. Typically, refunds are processed in less than 10 working days
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us
How long does an order made online or offline take to reach me?
Orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours and usually take 3-5 business days to be delivered based on your location and this could go upto 7-10 days in a few scenarios. For Hyderabad & Bangalore we deliver within 24 hours from the time of placing the order.
We will NOT accept returns or exchanges for the following items (unless received damaged or spoilt):
- Edible and perishable items like food, treats etc
- Personalised products that are made to order
- Beds, play pens and crates
- Dog Toys & Cat Toys
Returns and exchanges will also not be accepted in the following circumstances:
- If request is initiated after 5 business days of order delivery
- Product is used or altered
- Product is damaged due to misuse/overuse by the customer
- Returned attempted without original packaging including, price tags, labels, original packing, and other accessories or if original packaging is damaged
Besides dogs and cats, what other pets do you have products for?
We have products for small animals and birds as well!
What if I receive damaged goods / expired products?
We keep a very eye on our goods and are careful not to stock or ship products that have passed their expiry date. If damage has occurred in transit, do get in touch with us
Can I cancel my online order?
Cancellations can be made before the product is dispatched.
Grievances regarding perishable items
For any quality issues of perishable items sold of other brands, the third party shall be responsible unless the quality of packaging or shipping is in question